Instead of doing something sane last night1 I spent a few hours creating and submitting my first patch to a Drupal module. I attempted to follow the Drupal coding standards and taking advantage of the Drupal API, but I'm sure I've made a mistake somewhere. Hopefully, a few other eyes review the patch and point out the problems with it.
I've complained in the past that the web-links package wasn't available yet in Drupal 5.1; well, as of February 16, 2007, a web-links module was released for Drupal 5.1. I have just replaced my hand-made version of the Blog Rolls with this one. One of my biggest annoyance about the latest version of Drupal has been relieved! Yay!
Well, it looks like some more ranting of Drupal is on its way! Truthfully, I really do like Drupal, especially with some of the great work done on the version 5 series. I just have a couple minor issues about how it works in a few matters when I was setting up a prototype site based off of Drupal 5.1.